Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mom and Nana

 We have been blessed to have my mom here with us for the past 2 weeks to help with Kayleigh.  Yesterday she had to leave.  Needless to say I cried a lot...I am really going to miss having my mom here.  She was such a wonderful help.  She taught me so many things about how to be a mom.  I learned from the best because she also learned from an amazing woman on how to be a mom.  I just hope that I can be half the mom my mom is.
She was able to be here before Kayleigh was born for 2 days so it was nice to just hang out with my mom.  We did a little pre baby shopping and get everything ready for her to come home.  She was able to go to the hospital with us and be there the entire time I was in labor.  She was the first person other than Jeremy and I so meet Kayleigh.  I am so happy that she was there for that special time.
 She was also the first person besides Jeremy and I to hold Kayleigh.  It was for sure love at first sight!
 While Jeremy and I were at Vanderbilt with Kayleigh my mom spent some time at our house watching the dogs and preparing for our homecoming.  She had the front of the house and the inside decorated with balloons.  She had done some baking and cleaning so everything was perfect when we arrived.  She was there to take pictures of Jeremy and I bring Kayleigh in the house and photos of the dogs first meeting of Kayleigh.
 My mom spent many late nights up with Jeremy, Kayleigh and I.  We all took turns holding and loving on her.  My mom taught me how to breastfeed our daughter and helped me get thru many tough breastfeeding times.  When people say it's hard, they aren't kidding you...it really is and I had an amazing support system (Jeremy and my mom) there to get me thru those rough times.  There were a few times when I wanted to just give up because the pain was so hard, but she continued to encourage me thru it all.  She also always made sure that my water cup with full!!
 My mom spent many hours cooking, doing laundry and cleaning while she was here.  It was such a relief to know that everything was getting done and I could just focus on Kayleigh.  She made sure Jeremy and I always had breakfast, lunch and dinner!  She even learned how to use our fancy panini machine so we had fancy sandwiches almost every day!!
 Most mornings I would get up at 5 or 6 and feed Kayleigh then I would wake up my mom and she would spend the next few hours with her while Jeremy and I slept.  I am so thankful that I was able to get those last few hours of sleep.  I could sleep peacefully knowing that Kayleigh was in good hands.  My mom helped Jeremy and I give Kayleigh her first bath.  Jeremy and I were unsure of exactly how to bath her for the first time, but my mom got the sink prepared and showed us what to do!
 My mom helped me get Kayleigh out of the house on our first outing to the pumpkin patch.  I am so happy that my mom was here to see the pumpkin patch and experience this with Kayleigh and I.  She was also my wonderful photography assistance for many pictures of Kayleigh.  She would help me pose her and then stand right by her to make sure she did not fall or move while I took the pictures.
She even helped me carve a pumpkin so we could put Kayleigh inside it for her Halloween picture.  I am slightly afraid of knives, so I am thankful she did the carving.  We even baked the pumpkin seeds just like we did growing up.  
Thanks mom for everything.  We are really going to miss you!  We Love You!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome post!! Your MOm is AWESOME and Im so glad she got to be here with you!!!
    I hope she comes back 1st of April ;) hahha

    ReplyDelete