Going back to work as a working mom is about to become a reality. I am really having a hard time with the thought of going back to work. I just don't want to leave Kayleigh and miss a day or special moment with her. It has been so nice to be off of work and spend so much time with her. She is just SOO precious and I have enjoyed every moment of her.
I am lucky to have a job and one that allows me to only be gone 3 days a week from her, but in my book 3 too many days. I have spent many hours crying about leaving her but she will be at home with Jeremy 2 days a week the other day with Aunt Whit, Kathy or Hallie! I am grateful that she will not have to go to daycare! My mom has spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to get me thru all of this. I just wish she was here to take care of Kayleigh and help me thru the transition of becoming a working mom.
My mom worked when we were growing up and I never felt like she 'left us' to work, but I just have this awful image that Kayleigh is going to feel like I left her. I tell her all the time "Mommy has to work because she loves you and we need a roof over our head, food on the table and clothes to wear!" I just have to remind myself we have more time each week together then we will have apart.
I always knew that I would be a working mommy I just never imagined it being this hard. It is going to be a huge change for us, but there is a freezer is full of milk and Kayleigh will be in good hands. I do enjoy being a nurse and know there are lots of families that need someone to care for their sick child :)
![]() |
| Who really wants to leave this precious face?? |


I cant WAIT for her to come over! I promise to take great care of her and send you TONS of pics!!!!!!! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete