![]() |
| Here are 3 quick cell phone pics to see how big she has gotten! |
And the most recent even in our house has been a gall bladder removal. Last Wednesday Kayleigh and I were at the zoo and I had the worst pain in my life. I called Jeremy who got in the car and was going to come to the zoo to meet me, well the pain got worse and the zoo staff ended up calling an ambulance, so Kayleigh and I got a "fancy" ride to the hospital. Don't worry they have a carseat in the ambulance for little kids! At the hospital I was diagnosed with gall stones. Yes, I feel like a 60 year old overweight woman with that diagnosis, but soon did I realize having children can also make you have gall stones! We were sent home from the ED and told to follow up with a surgeon.
Well I didn't make it much longer and on Friday night the pain came back. Saturday morning I could not handle it much longer and Jeremy and I went to Vanderbilt's ED. Well Sunday morning at 7:30 I was taken to the OR to have my gall bladder removed. Surgery went well and I am currently at home recovering! My mom and Mark flew in to take care of me and to help take care of Kayleigh since I have a 5lb lifting restriction!
Having surgery made me have so many mixed emotions. I was extremely scared of never waking up from anesthesia. What if Kayleigh had to grow up without a mom? All I could think about was her and Jeremy living without me. I was scared for myself, but more scared for them. Thankfully my prayers were answered and everything went well. I have to say I am much better at being a nurse than being a patient!
![]() |
| I just HAD to at least wash my hair so I could feel better! |
The other thing with this surgery is breastfeeding is over. I set a goal to nurse Kayleigh until she was 18 months old. She was only nursing at night, but it was kinda our little bonding before she went to bed. It is the only time I can hold my baby where she sits almost still now a days! I nursed her Thursday night and then tried to Friday night but I was in so much pain I had to stop and that was the last time she nursed. I imagined my last night to nurse her would be an emotional one on April 12th, I would cry knowing that I had reached my goal of 18 months, but instead it was stopped due to me being in the hospital and on pain meds. Last night I though for sure Kayleigh would ask to nurse before bed, but instead she laid next to me on the couch with a sippy cup of milk in her hands and drank that. I am glad she didn't ask because it would have broken my heart to say no to my sweet baby girl. It's almost like she knew mommy had boo-boo's on her tummy and could not nurse her!
I feel like I have been judged by some people for nursing Kayleigh so long, but I am proud of my accomplishment! It has been a lot of hard work and dedication! It has been the most wonderful bonding experience for the two of us. It was ALWAYS time I could spend, just Kayleigh and me! I am thankful for the support I received from Jeremy and my mom thru all of my hard times with nursing including the soreness in the beginning, washing pumping parts every night and the pain from mastitis twice! So Jenn, now that breastfeeding is over...we have to have our night out on the town!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment