Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Nurses Day!

On my unit in the hospital we have some very fun moments.  In honor of nurses week we have awards and of course I am in the running for best scrubs!
 I ALWAYS have everything matching, clearly I am the best choice for best scrubs!  
I made this outfit especially for this year to WIN the competition.  Of course I choose to wear this on a day when I was in charge and everyone kept saying just look for the charge nurse wearing the apron.  Ok, so yes, it might be a little apron looking but it had SPARKLES on it!  I plan on putting 2013 on this top very soon!

I love being a nurse.  There are many trying times when I question the decisions I made about being an pediatric cardiac intensive care nurse but when I see a child who was a former patient outside the hospital who looks amazing I realize we really do make a wonderful difference in people's lives.  I could never get thru most days without the support of the other nurses I work with.  We are crazy sometimes, say silly things just to get each other thru the hard days and cry together.  Nobody except the other girls I work with totally understand what it's like to see a heart beating on a baby with an open chest, to put a sweet baby on ECMO or to hug family members as their child is dying.  People always say "I could never do your job, it takes such a special person to do this."  Yes, it does take a special person to be a nurse and I am glad I was blessed to be one of these "special" people!
Happy Nurses Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your scrubs!!!!!! GREAT JOB!
    ANd HALLELUJAH for nurses!!! Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete