Friday, May 21, 2010

19 Weeks!


It's getting so close to our 20 week ultrasound...4 days and counting!! I am SO excited to see the baby again, but also very nervous. I just want to make sure all the organs are there and formed properly. I know that the average person does not freak out about this at all, but the average PICU nurse does!!! I am sure that everything is fine, but I still have a little fear!

On another note, I had my first dream about actually having the baby last night. It was a boy and when Jeremy and I got him home we just stared at him because we had NO idea what to do. The dogs were bounding around the house, licking the baby's face and we just sat there. I am sure that the dogs licking the baby's face will be true when we get home, but hopefully we won't just stare at the baby....surely we will know what to do!! Probably feeding and changing diapers will be the TOP items!

So the doggies have always been our babies. I am not sure what they are going to think of the baby, probably a LOVE/HATE relationship. They are going to love licking it and being in the baby's space, but they are going to hate the fact that they baby is going to over take our lives and especially the dog's lives. I am pretty sure this winter we will not be taking any FREEZING cold walks like we have in the years past. I can bundle myself up, but I am not sure that I want to take my child out in the freezing weather. And little does Koa know he is probably going to be kicked out of the bed and probably earn himself a barker collar. Poor dog. Layla will be the protective one and watch over the baby! She will be the first up the stairs when the baby cries to peek into the crib and see what's the matter...well she will also probably want to check out her room that is now being taken over with baby stuff. The other thing they are going to LOVE about the baby is all the FUN toys!



When I brought this toy home the other day...Koa was in heaven playing with it. I am pretty sure the child will never have to learn how to make it turn on and off because Koa has already mastered the toy and will be more than happy to do it for the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment