Monday, July 26, 2010

Chattanooga

Jenn, Avery, the two unborn babies and I ventured to Chattanooga, Tennessee to visit the Children's museum and the aquarium. Of course we planed our travel on the HOTTEST day yet this summer (107 degrees that day!)
We first went to the childrens museum where Avery had lots of things to discover. Her favorite part of the museum was this gross 'booger' man that talked about boogers and snot. YUCK! There was a play kitchen, water to play in, a pretend boat to drive and a workshop. Jenn and I had to put the Lowes apron on her just for Jeremy. She did look at little puzzled at it...I am sure it's because she wanted a Home Depot one like Jeremy! We ate a quick lunch at TGI Fridays and then ventured to the aquarium. Of course it was a Saturday and there were 1000's of people there. It was a little crowded, but we were still able to see the fish and penguins. Avery tried to touch the stingray, but was a little unsure of how to hold two fingers out and not just splash in the water! Maybe next time she can actually touch it.
The most amazing thing there were the jellyfish. Usually when I see jellyfish they are dead at the beach and look like a clear blob, but they are really neat to see when they are swimming around. They have these LONG arms that allow them to swim so gracefully in the water. The aquarium had them in containers with color changing lights which made them look neon.
After the aquarium Avery played in the water feature. She was HOT and over all the crowds. I wish there was an adult sized one to play in cause I am pretty sure Jenn and I would have played in it!I am amazed at the town of Chattanooga! I would love to go back down there and explore around when it's not so hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment