Thursday, August 26, 2010

Breastfeeding 101

Tonight Jeremy and I are going to attend breastfeeding class. Yes, I know that my mom is a lactation consultant and I should know EVERYTHING there is to know about breastfeeding, but NOPE, I do not. I have heard her talk to many people over the years about breastfeeding and issues, but it does not mean that I am ready for it myself.
When Jeremy and i first met he was totally overwhelmed with the idea and thought that we talk openly about breastfeeding at our house. He even saw my cousin breastfeeding one time and was a bit uncomfortable, but he has now learned that breastfeeding is a part of the Gerken lifestyle. The Gerken's are my mom's family! I told Jeremy that he might as well get used to this cause it's something that EVERYONE does. Over the years he has became a little more comfortable with the idea of talking about breastfeeding. He even jokes with people now and says, "Jessica's mom will want to know, are you breastfeeding?"
Jeremy is not sure about attending this class tonight, but as my 'support system' he HAS to attend. I am sure he will not get as much out of it as I will, but it will be a bonding experience for both of us! So breastfeeding 101.......HERE WE COME!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how it goes! Maybe I should take it for the next go round! :)

    ReplyDelete